Monday, May 10, 2010

What I've been up to - The Marching April Review


So...remember when I mentioned all those shows and things that I've been doing? Here's a little round-up!

A Night With the March Hare had me performing in a sizable venue for the first time. It was my first official paid show.

Of course, I thought it'd be awesome to do two acts (and it was), but the insanity that came with it has taught me to budget for time, don't take on more than you can chew, expect burlesque to be like this by default. Knowing is half the battle.


Photo, and above, by Stan Trac

I did my Oh Sheep! act, and debuted a brand new Wonderland-inspired Caterpillar act. Even though my on-stage time is a blur, the reviews didn't scare me off from performing in the follow-up, April Fools: A Comedy Cabaret (with my Oh Sheep! act once more).

A Kitten, Assist, and Perform gig with the Firecrackers at their debut show really had me working up a sweat.


Photos by Sammy Snapshot

I did a reboot of my Dirty Laundry act with Muffin, my new assistant: A pony head with boa-gore. As usual, a few civilians were harmed.

Lastly, a gathering of nerd was had at Bella's Burlesque Birthday Bash, in which I got rejected by a guy at the bar, and had to rock out in true drunken Unrequited Fever fashion.


Love this photo by Brian Tao. Hot.

Stay tuned for some exciting news on what I'm up to now, and in the future! I've just managed to guarantee my own insanity until the second week of September!

Red

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails