Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hanging From the Sky! - Burlesque and Trapeze

I'm taking trapeze lessons. It's been about five sessions so far, and as of my second one I knew I'd be doing this for a while.

Despite, you know, the pain and bruises and rope and heights and falling-on-my-head risks.

Yeah, I'm insane.

This is what I want to do:


Although, when I'm up there I feel like more of a retarded sloth. My inability to do the splits and my general lack of upper-body strength tends to limit my tricks so far. It's incredibly demotivating to see someone new to the trapeze get up there and complete tricks the first time they try. Without a spotter. With great form. Even if the person doing it is a fit guy (more strength!) who has done gymnastics for years (and flexibility), I still grumble under my breath, because I'm competitive like that.

I keep at it though! It won't beat me (though it may occasionally beat me up).

Maybe I'll take some pictures of my bruises next lesson...

~ Red Herring

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails